Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank God, I got engaged!

I am romantic at heart. I always wanted to get engaged with my boyfriend but couldn’t get hold of my boyfriend. You can say…my luck was not favoring me.

At last, on 19th February, 2008 evening, I finally got engaged to my boyfriend. That evening was special. It was a wonderful moment of my life, thanks to my wonderful boyfriend!! My long-time boyfriend George and I were living in separate cities in Texas. I was in Antonio for studies, and he was at home in Houston working for a living. He was a kind of hardworking guy, bit shy and no time for love making. And I being a romantic…sometimes thought we were a mismatch. But still there was love. We kept going.

Thank GOD for AOL Instant Messenger …we were in touch and shared vibes.

Last week, he asked me if I wanted to go to New Orleans for a romantic weekend getaway to celebrate my birthday. Since I had time, we planned our trip. He booked a room at the Ritz-Carlton -- we had vacationed here several times and always had so much fun! Little did I know that he had a few tricks up his sleeve!

We always wanted to get married but this thought never came out. It was there in the mind and eyes. I am a good face reader. I read each and ever word that never came out…in his bright eyes. His eyes were beautiful and it talked a lot with me when we fell short of words.

That day was special, George was demonstrative… he cuddled me gently on bed. The softness of his hand and bed gave me the kick. I was longing more from him. He softly whispered in my ear, “Honey, I love you”. Oh God, I was shocked! How come this guy can be so romantic? I was overjoyed. I could still feel the warmth of his breath. It was so pleasant. He floored me with his love. I was his that moment. To my surprise, out of nowhere, he produced a small gift box in front of me.

“God, is he going to put diamond engagement ring on my finger”, I thought. I was dying for it. Seeing me desperate, George opened the box…I was pleased to see a glittering diamond engagement ring. He took no time to put it on my finger. I kissed him for making me his someone special person. He too kissed me. We enjoyed the bliss.

Next morning, we called up our parents and informed them about our decision. They were happy for us.

At last, I got my man.

No comments: